Learning to combine food to receive the benefits that its nutrients bring to us is essential, not only for everyone to maintain a healthy body but also for us to improve physical performance. All of this provides us with defenses against some diseases.
Achieving it is very simple. You have to know some general points that will lead you along that path.
You need to eat everything balanced and in moderation. Do not obsess over calories, and follow these tips that will surely help you out:
- Eat fruit and vegetables every day
- Try to eat cereals and bread, moderately
- Eat legumes at least twice a week
- Choose olive oil as the main cooking fat
- Eat fish several times a week. Both white and blue
- Consume milk or yogurt or low-fat cheese, daily
- Do not overeat very fatty meats
- Choose lean meat (without a lot of fat), and eat it 2 or 3 times a week
- Eat fatty meat (red, cold cuts, bacon) occasionally. Only once a month
- Do not overeat salt or salty foods
- Use garlic, onion, vinegar, lemon, or aromatic herbs to season as an alternative to salt
- Try to drink at least two liters of water a day
- Moderate the consumption of sweets, cakes, and pastries
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages
Remember to start your day with a good breakfast. Continue with a moderate meal, and end up with a light dinner. Take into account making healthy snacks in-between all main meals to not go without eating longer than 4 hours in a row.
Do not forget to do sports or physical exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Your body will thank you all along.